Macpac has been in business for over 40 years and we have always had a 100% commitment to honest, open and fair dealings in everything we do. Macpac takes its obligations in relation to the privacy of your personal information seriously and is committed to protecting your personal information in accordance with applicable laws.
Macpac collects personal information in order to conduct its business, including to provide and market its products and related services to you and to meet our legal obligations. Our staff are aware of our commitment to protect the privacy of your information and the importance of following this policy.
As always we value your feedback and ideas.
Scope of this Policy
Collection of Personal Information
How does Macpac collect Personal Information?
We will only collect information about you in a lawful and fair way and for purposes directly related to our business activities. It is our usual practice to collect personal information in the course of providing services to our customers, either directly in a retail store or online, when you:
- visit a Macpac store;
- become a Macpac customer;
- join the Macpac Club;
- complete a hard copy or online form or ‘Contact Us’ on our website;
- set up an online account;
- interact with us or post any material on social media pages;
- purchase a Macpac Gift Card;
- enter a Macpac promotion, event, sponsored event or competition;
- contact us by email, mail, telephone or online;
- give us your details for returns, refunds, warranty or any other purpose;
- apply for employment with us.
We may collect personal information about you from a third party or publicly available source, but only if you have consented to such collection or would reasonably expect us to collect your personal information this way.
What Kind of Personal Information does Macpac Collect?
The type of personal information Macpac collects and holds includes (but is not limited to):
- contact details (including physical address, email address and phone number),
- date of birth,
- purchase history,
- personal preferences in connection with our products;
- website information about your visits to our sites including the time and duration of views, paths taken through our site and the internet address from which you linked to our site;
- other information you supply to us.
Macpac also operates CCTV cameras in it stores and collects security footage to assist Macpac to ensure the safety and security of its staff, customers, members of the public and its product.
If you are a candidate for employment, we may collect other information as set out in our application forms or through the recruitment process, including information related to your employment history, worker eligibility and referee details.
Use of Personal Information
Macpac uses your personal information for a variety of purposes, including:
- to provide and market our business and products to you, whether directly or through third party websites;
- to communicate with you, including sending you promotional material or information about Macpac and inviting you to participate in competitions, events or research;
- to identify when, how and on which subjects you want to communicate with Macpac and to consider what products and/or services related to these products you might be interested in;
- to let you know about any product or program of any other business that we are partnering with;
- to allow us to personalise our websites, our communications and interactions and/or products and/or services related to those products to you;
- to answer your queries and deliver customer service to you;
- to administer our Macpac Club;
- to consider any application for employment made by you;
- to help manage and enhance our product offering;
- to research interest in all or particular products and services on our website;
- to manage and resolve any legal or commercial complaints and issues;
- to meet our legal obligations;
- to carry out internal functions including training, market research and analysis;
- for security purposes in relation to its business; and
- for any other purpose we advise to you at the time we collect your Personal Information or to which you subsequently agree.
How will Macpac contact you?
Macpac may use a number of ways of contacting you, including SMS, mail, digital messaging, telephone or email. We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. Should you not wish to receive any of these types of communication from Macpac, you can update your preferences, including to unsubscribe from communications, at any time.
Disclosure And Storage of Personal Information
Any personal information you provide is collected and managed by Macpac. We understand the trust you place in us, and the importance of your personal information and we have appropriate procedures in place to safeguard and secure the information we collect to prevent unauthorised or disclosure, maintain data accuracy and ensure appropriate use of information.
Personal details will only be used by Macpac and will not be sold to any third party at any stage. We may disclose personal information to third party service providers or contractors. If we provide personal information to our contracted service providers or suppliers we require those suppliers to preserve the confidential nature of such information and agree to use that information only to fulfil that purpose on our behalf and for the purpose for which it was provided, and not to retain the details once that purpose has been fulfilled.
We will also disclose information to a law enforcement agency in relation to suspected unlawful activity.
We will save any email that you send us, if we believe that we have a legal or business requirement to do so. We may monitor e-mail message content for security issues including where email abuse is suspected.
Where your personal information is no longer needed for any lawful purpose, Macpac will take reasonable steps to delete or destroy it.
How to Update your Information & Unsubscribe
Macpac endeavours to ensure that the personal information it holds is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Macpac encourages you to contact us to update any personal information held by Macpac about you. You can seek access to your personal information at any time, and we will provide you with that information unless we are prevented by law from giving it to you. You can seek to correct your details held by Macpac by contacting Macpac’s Privacy Officer. We are committed to dealing with all queries in a prompt, professional and open manner.
If you subscribe to a mailing list that we maintain, you can ask us to remove you from that list at any time by using the unsubscribe facility, or sending us an e-mail with your details to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will comply with that request as soon as we reasonably can. However you understand that sometimes we may have begun distributing a mail-out before we can process that request, and in those circumstances you might still receive that mail-out.
Cookies and Web Monitoring
Macpac may also use software to broadly locate you in the correct part of the world or within a geographic range of a transmitting device so we may deliver information on Macpac products and services relevant to your country, geographic location or part of the world.
Macpac may also use technology to alert it when you open an email from Macpac or visit parts of our websites. You can modify your email notification preferences by clicking the appropriate link included in the footer of the email notifications if you do not wish this to occur.
Social Media and other Third Party Websites
Macpac uses a number of social media services and/or platforms including Twitter, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn and Facebook. These services may be linked to our website through the use of social media buttons. Your use of these third party services in relation to Macpac is entirely optional.
- images relating to Macpac or Macpac products;
- text with reference to Macpac or Macpac products;
- anything related to Macpac by use of a hashtag;
- anything related to the Macpac Club, promotions, events and Club Cards that you put on social media;
- anything related to Macpac by way of a comment or tag on one of our social media platforms; or
- retweeting anything from our Macpac Twitter account.
If you have accessed only other third party websites through this website and if the operators of those third party websites collect information about you, we may also collect, have or purchase access to that information as part of our arrangements with those third parties.
Where you access a third party website from this website, cookie information, information about your preferences or other information you have provided may be shared between us and the third party based on an arrangement that Macpac has with those third parties. You usually cannot be identified from the information that is shared. If you can be identified from this information, we will seek your consent before sharing the information.
Macpac may also use payment services provided by third parties necessary to provide you with our products and services.
Third party websites should contain their own privacy statements. Macpac is not responsible for the services provided by the operators of those third party websites. If you do not want to provide personal information to any of those third parties, or make information publicly available, you should not use their particular service.
Complaints and Contact Information
Macpac Limited:Attention: Privacy Officer 4 Mary Muller Drive
PO Box 22-225